Re: [IP] 50 years

> How does one actually go about getting proof of diagnosis
> from a hospital?  <snip>

I wrote to the Department of Records for lab results at my hospital.
That was some time in the early '90s - for a diff reason. They sent lab
reports from day of dx and the following week in the hosp. I also was
keeping a diary at the time and I photocopied the pages while I was in
hosp. Mom had to write as I was entered to hosp. in a coma and couldn't
write for a few days - my arm was tied to a board with I.V.s.

> Btw, wondering how they verified no complications?
> Did you have to take tests and send
> the results or just your doctor's verification?

They made you take various tests to prove no complications. Drs balked
at putting *healthy* ppl through unnecessary tests for an award so they
changed it to a certificate w/o tests. I'm going to ask the gal who
*treated* me in Boston if they give the certificate and award to Type 2s
who use insulin that long. I'll report when I get the report.

Jan T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) Dialyzing 7/8/02
http://maxpages.com/bludasue  - http://maxpages.com/TSLandCLIP  -
http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHpics (evolution of pumps)

If you go forth on the fourth, you may not go forth on the fifth