Re: [IP] Medicare coverage for pump supplies

If you are on a MiniMed pump, Medtronic has an entire department that
takes care of Medicare billing for pumps and supplies.  All of the
supplies ARE covered, except, I think, pre-filled reservoirs and some
ancillary supplies like Skin Prep and IV3000.  I have been on
Silhouettes for as long as I've been on the pump, and they have always
been covered by Medicare.  If you want to get detailed information, you
can call Medicare at 800-MEDICARE, and they will connect you with the
DMERC (Durable Medical Equipment Regional Carrier) for your area, who
can give you specifics about what is covered.

FWIW, I wish that Tim Cady of Advanced Diabetes Supply would offer pump
supplies, so that we would have an advocate provider that bills Medicare
offering these.

As far as your secondary goes, it depends on which Medicare Supplement
you have.  The type of plan dictates what is covered.

Antonio in LA,Age 40, Type 1 since 1993