[IP] 50 years

Thanks to Tom, Shawna, Linda and all I have decided to pursue the 50 year
 award from Joslin. The paperwork is very simple. I called the local hospital
this morning and they have no record of anything over 50 years ago.   My
sister,   two years younger than I, am has written   what she recalls of my
 hospitalization at the time. One of the women I play bridge with was three
years
 out of nursing school and working in Maternity Ward. She remembers being asked
by the admitting physician to kind of keep and eye on me my first   night in
a coma.   Joslin asks for two or three personal accounts.   I have asked a
couple of high school classmates what they recall.
In my sophomore year in college I did make a trip to Joslin in Massachusetts.
  Maybe they have a record of what I told them was the onset of diabetes.
I am still amazed that the odds are one in 10,000 making it to 50 years with
diabetes.   Achieving 50 years deserves a reward of some kind.
Luck is a big factor in me becoming a Life Master in Duplicate Bridge and
also in making it to 50 years with diabetes.
Thanks,
Jim Durr
Ogdensburg, NY