From: email @ redacted
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2006 10:38 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] surgery questions

Jenny, 17, went to the dermatologist last week to have a couple of moles
examined and the doctor found a big (6 x 8 inches), flat tumor on her back
on top of her shoulder blade. The doctor thinks it's a lipoma, a benign
fatty tumor, but there's a chance it could be another kind of soft tissue
tumor. We go see a surgeon on Monday. As I read online, if it's benign and
not complicated by being in the muscle, the surgery should take less than an
hour.  Sometimes, they even do a liposuction.

I haven't paid much attention to the posts about surgery because they didn't
apply to us. What does everyone recommend I say to the surgeon?
I know sometimes they want to remove the pump and deal with the glucose
levels in their own way.

This who thing really is upsetting because Jenny didn't even know it was
there. She is supposed to leave on July 11 to be a counselor at the diabetes
camp she has gone to for six years.

Kay