Re: [IP] needs during menstruation

In a message dated 7/31/03 1:01:27 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> > Do those of you women who find your basals need
> > adjusting during your cycle also adjust your insulin
> > to carb ratio?

      Yes, I usually have to adjust both.  About a week before I start, I go
high, and have to increase my basal by one or two points (from .6 to .7 or
sometimes even .8, but it varies from month to month), and for about two days
 after I stop, I have to decrease my basal from .6 to .5, and also my insulin to
carb ratio and my insulin sensitivity factor increases from 1/50 - 1-65 when I
have to cover a high.  (YMMV)  Man, those hormones!