RE: [IP] I didn't die from the hot fudge and caramel sauce

>(funny thing is, after so many years, I don't really have all that much a
taste for them, but KNOWING i can, makes all the difference, in the
world).....

Yep....and we went to the local ice cream shop on a hot, muggy evening and
there were two diabetics setting in there. We live in a small town so
everyone knows everyone else about. My husband ordered a double dip of
something while I was counting the carbs. When I ordered the double scoop of
vanilla no one said a word. I then told the man to add the hot fudge sauce,
the caramel sauce and the pecans. I heard the one female diabetic suck in
her breath and Ivan, another diabetic on pills just couldn't refrain. In a
big booming voice I heard "you can't have those things Margo". I whipped out
that little pump and said "oh, yeah, watch me Ivan"...hahahahahaha...boy did
that feel good. While I believe all diabetics need to watch their diets,
etc., I also believe we shouldn't have to constantly pay for this disease
either.

Which "many, many tests are you referring to....glucose tests or food

Yes sir, this sure brought freedom, just like you said, and it's the freedom
to choose yourself, not your body punishing you if you care to have some
goodies and no-no's once in awhile. Oh, and Ivan isn't doing so well
controlling his sugars with the pills....bet he's considering insulin
now....:)

Margo