Re: [IP] Scared of an infusion set

I only speak for myself, but I find the infusion sets do not hurt any more
then injections do, and I only have to insert a new set on average once
every three days, instead injecting 6 times a day.  That makes a big

Since you use the short tip syringes I would make sure that if you use the
90-angle sets, that you get the 6mm ones instead of the 9mm ones that
Medtronic Makes.   I am not sure, but I don't think Disetronic makes the
Ultraflex any shorter than 8mm, but these are also good sets.  The Medtronic
sets also can be used with an inserter, which I hate, but might help you to

I have infusion set allergies, so I can only use the Sils, but these would
probably make you drop dead to insert (LOL).

Many people will also ice the area they are going to insert into to help
numb the area, and others use numbing creams such as Emla which you will
need a perscription for.  I don't find it necessary to use these for the
infusion sets, but I know other people do.

Good luck!
-- Sherry
dxd 8/80 age 4 pump 12/99 MM508