[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #424

I read with interest the ongoing discussion about what is truly type 1 or 2,
etc.  I wasn't dxed 'till age 58; being told at that time, appropriately, that
I was a type 2.  I made the merry trek through diet and exercise, pills, then
injections and now a pump.  I test 4 times a day, carefully count carbs, make
periodic reports for my endo and assume I will be doing this for the rest of
my life.  Further, I have been told my pancreas has shut down.  This is the
reality; however, I really could care less what label is, and certainly would
not be offended if I am forever considered type 2.  I only know that DM is my
daily companion.