[IP] Scared of an infusion set

Hi there all,

I've been doing so much thinking about the pump- and this list has helped a
lot.
Here's a question all you experienced people may scoff at, but has been
troubling me.

How much does putting in an infusion set hurt?
I give myself (many) shots a day -- short tip, ultrafine BDs. But
acclimating to them when I was diagnosed type 1 at age 21 took a long time-
I had to stay in the hospital for a few days because I was "noncompliant"
-- hovering over my belly with needle poised for, like, hours on end. Now,
of course, except for the ill placed jab, I find them painless.
But mentally, I was always terrified of needles. So now, I'm having these
actual nightmares wherein I basically experience the fear of needles again,
just with an infusion set.

Could people give an honest comparison between infusion sets and shots, and
maybe a few hints about how you might have dealt with these fears in
yourself (or your children)?

Thanks,

Ruth

-----