[IP] Manifpulation for frozen shoulder

Within a couple of years of being diagnosed with T2, I developed frozen
shoulder; first in the right one; then in the left.  I chose
manipulation with an orthopedic surgeon for the first one.  It was very
expensive, required an inhospital stay and anesthesia, heavy duty pain
medication, intensive physical therapy and took 6 weeks or so to regain
full range of motion.  The downtime for recovery and the physical and
mental drain from this choice added a lot of stress to a single parent
with no nearby family support.

When the left shoulder "froze," I went to a medical acupunturist who
provided 4 treatments over a month's time in her office.  She told me
that she could not "cure" this problem alone and asked what I was
prepared to do to compliment her sessions.  I joined a yoga class that
met 2x week for an hour and a half.  The yoga instructor's emphasis was
on gentle stretching of the entire body, especially the extremities.  I
regained full range of motion within the month at a fraction of the cost
without using pain medications.  I was doing my own physical therapy
(yoga) and so, learned a useful practice to allay the kinks and twists
that come from a sedentary occupation, aging and (minimal) complications
of this disease.  I'm grateful.

Good luck however you decide to melt those frozen shoulders.

email @ redacted
Public Services & Reference Librarian