[IP] Re: Type 1 vs. Type 2

>>From: Scott Strumello <email @ redacted>
This discussion just never seems to quit.  Just to clarify, the ADA website
provides only partial definitions on its consumer webite.  The ADA's website
definitions attempt (unsuccessfully, in my opinion) to provide a universal
definition that applies to all people with diabetes as if they all had the
same issues, but it fails to adequately address the root cause of the disease
- -- which is what the definitions are actually based upon.  The National
Diabetes Data Group (NDDG), based partially on recommendations from the World
Health Organization (WHO) defined the definitions in great detail.  Please
read the documentation on the official definitions at the following website:
I hope we can put this subject to rest!<<

Thank you for the detailed definition of the diabetes types.  Your
posts explain it much better than mine.  : )

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99