Re: [IP] Whole blood vs plasma blood glucose levels

Go for the Plasma  values,  Both values are correct!!! BUT plasma will
corralate  better with your  laboratory results.  Most of the older
meters are set for whole blood, some can be reset to plasma. The newer
meters are now set for the standard Plasma levels.  " that is why you
hear people upset because their new  meters read higher "
I believe to calculate your whole blood results to plasma, just multiply
the whole blood by 1.5 , Lifescan.com  has a nice article on the
plasma/whole blood issue.