Re: [IP] (THIS VIRUS JUST CAME TO ME)

On 7/30/03 3:12 PM, "Phyllis" <email @ redacted> Demonstrated stellar
typing skills by writing:

> THIS CAME TO ME A SHORT WHILE AGO. I THOUGHT IT WAS FROM THE WEBSITE. NORTON
> INTERCEPTED IT.   Phyllis email @ redacted

Unfortunately, this is the way these 'worms' work. They squirrel into one's
address book and 'spoof 'addresses sending itself out. From the individual's
computer, without the individual's knowledge.

This is why IP list doesn't allow attachments! This is why we ask that plain
text and no attachments be added to posts. The server strips them off, but
it makes work for the beleaguered server <G>

Everyone must keep their AV Software up to date! If not for your own peace
of mind, but for those around you in your addy book.

Example, I have a Mac. These worms cannot get into my system, BUT some folks
have received infected emails from "MY" address....!

Anyway, Keep UTD on the AV Software. Run an update today! Could not hurt at
all.

-- When physicists are cornered by a problem they can't solve, they add
another dimension.

AOL-IM: Wyldceltic1

Jenny Sutherland
http://www.wyldcelt.com