Re: [IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

In a message dated 7/29/2003 4:10:18 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> >Margo,
> Illnesses, injury, stress, etc. may create a temporary need for
> additional insulin, but that is not true insulin resistance.
> Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99
> I suppose that depends on how one would define "true insulin resistance". To
> me, there are different forms of insulin resistance, including that caused
> by hormones, illness, medication,
> stress, etc.
> Margo

I agree Margo. Is there anything other than true insulin resistance? Would it
be false or fake and if so, why the useage of additional insulin. If there is
insulin resistance, whether temporary or long term, it is insulin resistance.
End of story.

Tina Hudspeth dxd age 28, 1994
On insulin 1996
Pumping 4/10/03 and loving it.