[IP] Radio links for meters, pumps and remotes

>>I do recall, however, a story from about 10 years ago where a radio
>>went on-line at some new frequency, and all of a sudden a bunch of

We had a similar event in Dallas (might have been the same one), when
one of the local TV stations tried out their HDTV frequency for the
first time.  They wiped out all communications between the pathology
lab (they were doing audio/video) and the surgical suites at Baylor
hospital.  They weren't up long, as it was a test,  but Baylor indeed
had to move.

You can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you do it low
frequency and you don't bother anyone else.

FYI:  I'm a ham -- N5EZQ, so I hear these things.