[IP] Ketoacidosis in type 2

>Ketoacidosis surprisingly occurs almost as often in Type 2 diabetes as
>it does in Type 1.

Is this true??  This is the first time I've ever heard this.  I'd always
thought ketoacidosis occurred almost exclusively in type 1's.

If it does occur in type 2, what causes it?  Does the body just become SO
insulin resistant that it can't use any of the (probably large amounts) of
circulating insulin?  Or does it occur when a type 2's pancreas essentially
"burns out" and stops producing insulin (which would make them, in effect,
a type 1, although not an autoimmune-related type 1)?  Since ketoacidosis
is the result of a critical lack of insulin, I'm curious as to what would
trigger it in someone with type 2.