[IP] Re: later onset DM

Kress family quoted:
> Most people who develop diabetes in later life can be controlled so
> that they are not at increased risk for the many complications of
> diabetes such as heart attacks, strokes, blindness, deafness,
> amputations, kidney failure and burning foot syndrome. Late onset
> diabetes usually means that a person has too much insulin because his
> cells cannot respond to insulin.

Let me emphasize two words in the above: "MOST people who develop diabetes
in later life can be controlled. . ."  And, "Late onset diabetes USUALLY
means that a person. . ."  Therefore, nothing is set in concrete. There is
now an epidemic of children with Type-2 and many adults dx'd with Type-1.
That is the reason these *conditions* were renamed T-1 and T-2, shedding the
Juvenile Onset DM and Adult Onset DM. The medical terms had to change
because they no longer fit all situations. Hey, even pumps have been
developed in just the last few decades, as well as home BG testing.

Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received
notice that you passed away. May God bless you. You may reapply if there is
a change in your circumstances. ~ Dept. of Social Services, Greenville, SC