Re: [IP] Re: Type 1 vs. Type 2

----- Original Message -----
From: <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2003 10:57 AM
Subject: Re: [IP] Re: Type 1 vs. Type 2

> Many Type 2 diabetics can, in fact, develop Type 1 diabetes...in that
their
> body loses the ability to produce insulin altogether.
> Ryan

I don't believe this is a true statement. Just because a T2 pancreas burns
out
does not make them a T1. Would make them a T2 "Insulin Dependant" Diabetic.

I never had a GAD done, so I don't know if I had antibodies. unfortunately
for me
my doctor has now expressed (5th one round) that more then likely I did have
antibodies, considering 6weeks ago we found out my 15yr old daughter now has
a thyroid problem. Which also is autoimmune. Since autoimmune diseases run
in
families.

Either way.. doesn't matter what type you ultimately have, my concern is
someone
else having to suffer for the length of time I did to be able to get a
doctor to give
me insulin. Thank God.. mine didn't shut down all the way, since they
considered me
a LADA.

Reisa