Re: [IP] Joslin Certificate/Medal

Hi Terese,

> I was sent to Joslin 32 years ago... I came away ravaged with their
> horror stories.

I went to Joslin 30 years ago and I came away much better educated
about how to treat my diabetes and immensely reassured that it could
be more tightly controlled. I've practiced what they preached ever

I have some difficulty believing a legacy of "horror stories". I still
have my "Joslin Diabetes Teaching Guide" and the "Joslin Diabetes
Manual" is still my first source in case of questions about treatment.
I can find absolutely no trace of horror stories in either.

> ... I am delighted to let Joslin know that, in my case, they were
> wrong.

And in mine, they were right on target.

> Whether it's true or not, Joslin has remained a symbol to me of the
> "doom & gloom" approach to "training" a person with diabetes.

I humbly suggest it's not. I have the notes I took at every session
(which I just reread) and vivid memories of my conversations with
staff. No gloom, no doom. Ever. Straight talk and lots of good sense
about how to make the most out of life with a disease that's,
literally and figuratively, a PITA.

regards, Andy