[IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

 --- On Wed 07/30, Kress Family < email @ redacted > wrote:

 From: Kress Family [mailto: email @ redacted]To: email @ redacted:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:45:12 -0500Subject: [IP] Re: Use of oral agents in
teenagersOkay, I'll clarify. Insulin dependent is known as Type 1 or juvenile
onset diabetes. They do not classify Type 2 as insulin dependent, even if they
are using insulin. Gee...I thought everyone already knew that!Cindy
 Actually, according to the National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse which is
a service of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney
Diseases (NIDDK), NIH, in Chapter One of the *Your Guide to Diabetes* it states
under the heading of *What kind of diabetes do you have?* People can get
diabetes at any age. There are three main kinds. Type 1 diabetes, formerly
called juvenile diabetes or insulin-dependent diabetes, is usually first
diagnosed in children, teenagers, or young adults.
 Do you notice that they used the word FORMERLY in front of Juvenile not OR. It
is no longer called Juvenile Diabetes because people of ALL ages can get Type I.

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.