Re: [IP] (no subject)/adult onset juvenile diabetes

At 04:45 PM 7/29/2003 Veronica wrote:
  >Mine was dxed as adult onset juvenile diabetes in 1976 and I didn't get a
  >gad test. I was also age 36. And guess what! My endo says yup I have type 1.
I was diagnosed type 1 by two different doctors at age 37, so there are a
number of us adult/juveniles out there.><<

Just to make sure everyone knows it wasn't me who said adults can't
be diagnosed Type 1.  That's ludicrous.  The majority of Type 1's are
diagnosed as children, but it happens to adults, too.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99