[IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

>>From: Brian C <email @ redacted>
At 05:50 PM 7/29/2003, you wrote:
hmm  actually Type 2s can become insulin dependent.  Usually caused by
burnout of the islet cells..  they may not be classical immune response
type ones but they are insulin dependent..<<

Okay, I'll clarify.  Insulin dependent is known as Type 1 or juvenile
onset diabetes.  They do not classify Type 2 as insulin dependent,
even if they are using insulin.  Gee...I thought everyone already
knew that!