[IP] Radio links for meters, pumps and remotes

(IR) Electromagnetic waves in the frequency
range just below visible light corresponding to radiated heat.
IR waves can be generated by a kind of LED and are often
used for remote controls for televisions etc. and in some
docking stations.

Since they are light and not radio, they don't come under FCC rulings,
AND they won't interfer with radio waves.

One of the reasons that IR is line of sight, is that it IS light.

>Biomedical engineers are very paranoid about any RF brought into
thus, no cell phones are allowed.  Of course, we are talking about much
power transmitters than cell phones, but I wonder if any hospital would
knowingly allow them.  Just a thought, I may be way off.