[IP] Disetronic of the future

Hi Millie,

You asked for opinions regarding Disetronic's status, here is mine.  Of
course, I am aware of the fact that Disetronic is no longer shipping their
Swiss built pumps to the U.S.  However, they are being shipped to all other
countries, including Canada.  I do not know of the recall you are referring
to, other than at one point they replaced all D-Trons with the new improved
D-Tron Plus at zero cost to their customers.

As you probably know by now, Disetronic is building a new pump headquarters at
the location of one of  Roche's plants on the East Coast of the U.S.  I
understand that they will have a brand new production facility that will be
"the model for the industry" and certainly have total FDA approval for Good
Manufacturing Practice.

They are closing the St. Paul operation and will be up and running at the new
location in about a year.  It is easier for them to stop supplying pumps, for
the time being, in the U.S. and concentrate, during the relocation, on
servicing current Disetronic users.  Can't say I blame them.

I anticipate that when Disetronic's starts up again, they will introduce a
new, gee whiz, lemon scented, pump that does everything.

I'm staying loyal to the company; however, if I had to change to a new pump
during the embargo, it would be to a Deltec Cozmo.

Remember Roche, who now owns Disetronic, is a very big, successful company,
and they have the resources to keep the company from faltering for too long.

Long live Disetronic!