Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:00:38 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #416

My philosophy is, you are not really a Type 1 (former juvenile diabetic)

 unless you were diagnosed as a child. If you haven't been a child
taking shots
dealing with diabetes, I don't care what the medical community calls it,
are not really a Type 1. Unless you have walked a mile in my shoes,
 think you know what juvenile diabetes is. I personally think that there
a new classification. Maybe insulin requiring Type 2 would be more
 appropriate, and in fact as I am a RN and review charts for a living, I
see a
lot of
doctors really call it that. Perhaps the ADA should formally change the
 classifications as many doctors do it anyway. Just wanted to get this
off my
chest as
it had bothered me for a long time.