[IP] Hypoglycemia and heart attack

My husband has a long history of hypoglycemia and the episodes have become
more and more frequent in recent weeks.  We have numerous family members with
 type 2 diabetes and a grandchild with type 1. When our grandchild's blood sugar
is too low he has a rapid heart beat along with other symptoms.  Today, my
husband started feeling really sick and thinking it might be hypoglycemia, he
ate a candy bar.  He broke out in a sweat that absolutely soaked his t-shirt.
He had shaking and had dry heaves.  He had no chest pains or other symptoms
 that might make one suspect a heart attack. Someone called the squad who
his blood sugar and said it was a little over 100 but he had irregular heart
rhythm.  At the hospital they also said he has an enlarged heart.  They are
monitoring him and considering the possibility that he had a heart attack.  He
 seems a little confused - slow responses. My question is, "Does the heart give
off an irregular rhythm during a hypoglycemic episode?"   Have you ever heard
of a hypo episode leading to a heart attack?  Of course I am well aware that
anyone can have a heart attack so I am not saying that the heart problem is
necessarily related to a blood sugar problem.