because I had a friend who had hypoglycemia, she still does after all
these years!

pumping since 08-00

<<<<<<<<<,Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:58:04 -0700
From: "Shannon James" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] re:Question about hypoglycemia and diabetes

Someone wrote in asking if hypoglycemic episodes are a precursor to
adult onset type 1 diabetes.  I, too, had hypoglycemic episodes long
before I was diagnosed with DM.  A diabetes educator told me that this
often happens because the pancreas is beginning to malfunction by over
producing insulin. She said that it IS in fact a warning sign that you
may develop type 1 in the future.

I have also read that hypogycemic incidents in "normals" (non dm'rs) is
actually very rare. Like the person who wrote in asking about hypos
before onset of diabetes I want to know if there is anyone else out
there who had this happen?  When it happened to me in the years before I
had full blown diabetes I thought I was having "panic attacks" since I
had not heard of hypos.  In looking back I now know that they were low