Re: [IP] pizza bolus

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rammtoy" <email @ redacted>
To: "Insulin Pumpers" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 7:02 PM
Subject: [IP] pizza bolus

> I need a little help with Pizza. We have a Cozmo, and do a Combination
> bolus...but 4 hours out, Kevin goes high still. So, those who have
> it, can you help me?
> Typically, we have Dominoes Pizza, 2 pieces is 47 carbs. We do a total of
> carb combination - 60% right away, the rest over 4 hours. What can we do
> different?
> Thanks!
> Robin Ramm
> Mom to Kevin, 15, dx 12/98
> pumping 5/99

What I do, automatically on my Cozmo, and manually before on my 507c is as
My normal bolus ratio is 1/15, for Pizza I use 1/7. I take 50% now and 50%
over 3 hours. Just did that Sunday for my Granddaughter's birthday. At 3.5
hours I am within range at around 115-120.

It was Dominoes also. I have special bolus items for Pizza and Chinese.
Saves the mental work.