Re: [IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

At 05:50 PM 7/29/2003, you wrote:
>>>From: "Elizabeth Ramsey" <email @ redacted>
>  And third, Type I's who develop IR do not turn into Type II's anymore
> than Type
>II's who start using insulin turn into Type I's...I did not automatically
>become
>a Type I last June...I am still a Type II, my oldest stepdaughter is a
>Type I.<<
>
>Type II's never turn into Type 1's but Type 1's can acquire
>characteristics of Type 2 (insulin resistance) and thus be considered to
>have both Type 1 and 2.

hmm  actually Type 2s can become insulin dependent.  Usually caused by
burnout of the islet cells..  they may not be classical immune response
type ones but they are insulin dependent..

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
http://www.DiabetesBytes.com
http://diabetesbytes.com/phpbb/index.php