[IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

>>From: "Elizabeth Ramsey" <email @ redacted>
  And third, Type I's who develop IR do not turn into Type II's
anymore than Type
II's who start using insulin turn into Type I's...I did not
automatically become
a Type I last June...I am still a Type II, my oldest stepdaughter is
a Type I.<<

Type II's never turn into Type 1's but Type 1's can acquire
characteristics of Type 2 (insulin resistance) and thus be considered
to have both Type 1 and 2.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99