[IP] re:Question about hypoglycemia and diabetes

>>From: "Elizabeth Ramsey" <email @ redacted>
Someone wrote in asking if hypoglycemic episodes are a precursor to adult
onset type 1 diabetes. I, too, had hypoglycemic episodes long before I was
diagnosed with DM. A diabetes educator told me that this often happens
because the pancreas is beginning to malfunction by over producing insulin.
She said that it IS in fact a warning sign that you may develop type 1 in the

Would you let me know ANY medical publication or website that states
hypoglycemic episodes can be a precursor to Type 1 diabetes.

>>I know cause that is what was written on my medical chart. Hypoglycemia. And
for years I believed it...they told me that if I didn't *behave
myself*, I would
become diabetic...know something...they were right. I had a bad case of

This doesn't make sense to me.  Type 1 diabetes cannot be prevented
so why would they advise you to "behave yourself"?