[IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

>>From: "margo2" <email @ redacted>
Cindy, I don't have the total facts at hand but some of the oral medications
do not treat for insulin resistance but work on other problem areas. One of
them, I believe, causes a slower rise in glucose. Also, there are things
that do cause insulin resistance in Type I's, as in Type II's, such as
illness, injury, stress, and certain medications....prednisone comes to mind
as one example.

Illnesses, injury, stress, etc. may create a temporary need for
additional insulin, but that is not true insulin resistance.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99