Re: Subject: [IP] questions about hypoglycemia and diabetes

In a message dated 7/28/2003 2:29:17 PM Alaskan Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:
> I was first diagnosed with gestational diabetes in 1993 at age 29. 4 years
> later I developed "D" again and was told I was Type 2, not I'm officially
> Type
> 1.  I had episodes of low blood sugar  through out my pre teen years and
> into
> adulthood, sometimes bad enough to make me pass out.  I'm sure my BGs were
> messed up all along but nobody had the brains to figure it out

Yessi, I am wondering if part of Adult onset diabetes is erratic behaviour of
the pancreas, during which time the pancreas is essentially like a stuck gas
pedal and over produces/over reacts causing the lows. Anyone ever hear of
this? Is this a possible reason for the suddenly feeling low?

Tina Hudspeth dxd age 28, 1994
On insulin 1996
Pumping 4/10/03 and loving it.