[IP] Re: Type 2 on insulin

In responsse to my post, email @ redacted wrote:
> With 28 subsets (I believe) of type 2 diabetes, probably not all are
> resistant. Also, by the time we need insulin, who's to say we are *not*
> "insulin dependent?" If we did not "depend" on insulin to keep our BGs
> control, then we would not be taking it. Something to ponder. :-)
> Jan and ElvisToo

After pondering and considering I wasn't on the committee to decide the
differences between IDDM (Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus - T-1) and DM
(Diabetes Mellitus - T-2) nor was I asked to vote on it, I believe the term
is inferring that in a short time the IDDMers will be dead without insulin.
The Type 2's are controlled and yes, maybe depending on insulin for that
control, but not on a life- or death-dependent situation. If they are,
wouldn't that be a different category than the *committee* determined?

I doubt the next name change will involve my input as well. <vbg> YMMV (~_^)

Did you ever notice: The Roman Numerals for forty (40) are XL.