[IP] Gestational Diabetes QuestionsLong storyThii

Cindy: I must disagree with you when you say the gestational diabetes is
always type 2 and not type 1.  I developed gestational dm in my 8th month of
 pregnancy. I had been losing weight while eating almost continually and
and urinated all day and night.
While I had been seeing the gyn each month there at the end of my pregnancy,
I had never shown sugar in my urine.  One day, while outside showing my Mom my
flowers, I went into what I now know as hyperglycemia.
Could hardly walk back into the house, was literally soaked with sweat and
demanded bread with jelly on it.  I perspired so much while lying on the bed
 eating the jelly that the mattress were soaked. There after I saw my ob/gy and
that time, I was a "4+" in my urine sample..He took a blood test which he did
not get the results until the next day and called me to go the hospital
 immediately. My baby weighed alb 6 oz. which kind of proved I had only
developed DM
in the past month or 2.  She was normal.  I have never been insulin resistant
to this day and I was diagnosed in 1965.  This is why I cannot begin to agree
with your assumptions.   Just my thoughts.....Jackie P