RE: [IP] BG Really Low but You're Still Functioning

Insulin levels will drop as the insulin is used up in the body.  Even if your
BGL is low, there is still glucose in the bloodstream for the insulin to work
on.  I also believe (but someone can correct me if I'm wrong) that after a
 while, insulin will naturally breakdown whether used to convert glucose or not.

But, that is where the complexity starts to take place.  The body may still
respond with elevated insulin levels if the BGL is low enough.  I'm not sure,
as I've not read any research saying as much.  But, I have read research that
shows that elevated insulin levels itself is the major contributing factor in
the release of (or rather, the NON release of) glucagon.