Re: [IP] Re: I agree Scott !!

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:06:42 -0400, Judi wrote
 >But it's really not that hard.  When I got my 25 after almost 45 years,
 >I had no way of getting the old records, because I did try.  My current
 >Dr just wrote a letter saying she had been treating me for 15 years and
 >I was diagnosed with Type 1 at age five in 1958.  That was enough for
 >to get it.  She works within the hospital system where I was diagnosed
 >but the hospital can't find those old records.

Your story is very similar to mine, except that I waited until 52 or 53
yeaars. My endo wrote a letter like yours did, and Joslin sent Dr.
Gordon Weir to Phoenix to interview me. I received my 50-year medal in
1996, about 3 years late. Joslin sent my records to Lilly, and I
received the Lilly medal about the same time.

Incidentally, Lilly did not require me to prove that I had always used
Lilly insulin. I couldn't have proved it. So those who claim that Lilly
requires that proof are WRONG. It may have been true at one time, but
it is no longer true.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000