Re: [IP] Paradigm 512

I'm not convinced that's true.  Theoretically, the remote control should have
been able to "seek out" the pump just as easily as a meter.  This would have
 prevented the pump from needing to keep "looking for" the remote, and batteries
would have been saved.  The batteries on the remote would have only been used
when the buttons are pressed, etc.

However, it wasn't implemented that way because I believe technologically
speaking the pump itself must be in a state that it is ready to RECEIVE the RF
signal.  That is why it must, every few seconds, "seek out" the remote.  This
uses up additional battery power.

The meter would have to work the same way.  Like a button press on the remote
control, a BG reading would need to signal the pump...but the pump would need
to "wake up" it's RF every so often as it does for the remote in order to
receive the signal.  This is what takes up the additional battery power.

I think that there is NO additional battery drain on the 512 to use the meter
IF you already have it enabled to use the remote.  However, if you do NOT use
the remote, then enabling the RF to work with the meter WILL take additional
battery power.

Of course, one possibility is that the data isn't really "automatically"
trasferred to the pump...but that some action on the pump will trigger it to
 seek on the meter and transfer the data. This would, then, prevent the need to
continually poll the meter, but only poll the meter when some action on the
 pump is performed. This would save battery power, and would make sense because
IF you, in fact, wanted to give a correction bolus, you would go to the pump
after you performed a BG test.

Really, perhaps someone who now HAS the 512 could provide some insight.  It
 would be helpful to know...after you test with the meter, does the pump require
any action on your part to show that the BG test was performed?  Or does the
pump AUTOMATICALLY indicate that a test was performed?  If it is the latter,
then there WOULD be excess battery drain.  If it is the former, then it is
possible that there would NOT be excess battery drain.