[IP] Re: Type 1 treated additionally with oral drugs

>>From: email @ redacted

I started on Avandia 15 years after Type I diagnosis. Despite that fact
that Avandia makes no claims for treatment of Type I diabetes,<<

Hi Mike,

Perhaps you're one of the few Type 1's who do go on to develop
insulin resistance and thus, Type 2 diabetes.  I've copied and pasted
consumer info below from
http://www.fda.gov/cder/consumerinfo/druginfo/avandia.htm  It clearly
states that Type 1 diabetics should not take it.

What is Avandia used for? Avandia, in addition to diet and exercise,
improves blood sugar control in adults with type 2
(non-insulin-dependent) diabetes. Avandia can be used alone or in
combination with a sulfonylurea or metformin, when diet, exercise,
and one of these agents or diet, exercise, plus Avandia alone are not
enough to control blood sugar.

Who should not take Avandia?  Do not use Avandia for type I diabetes
(juvenile diabetes) or diabetic ketoacidosis. If you have heart
failure, fluid retention or active liver disease your health care
provider will evaluate you to decide if Avandia is right for you.