[IP] Re: I agree Scott !!

>>>We should be recognized for surviving with
diabetes for so many years with complications or not.  >>>

They DO recognize w/w-o comps. I posted this at length a day or so ago. They
quit requiring testing at 25 yrs and now issue a certificate. The 50-yr
medal was ALWAYS w/o requiring proof of comps. Just be warm & breathing.

>>>I have survived for 60
years with diabetes diag. at age 12.  I have written to Joslin 3 times
with no reply from them. >>>

Have you gone to: http://www.joslin.harvard.edu/contact.shtml and clicked
the *Contact Joslin* part on the upper left  - and fill in the blank portion
where you tell them what you want? You do need proof of dx - dates, etc. but
that is on the form of what they require. They don't just hand out the
medals cuz someone says they qualify. This is another reason for those with
25 yrs to get that certificate so when 50 yrs hits, you're in the system and
don't have to dig up dead witnesses or destroyed test results, etc.

Life is uncertain; eat dessert first.