[IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

  Cindy, according to the Sept 2003 issue of Diabetes Forecast pg 20, several
oral agents are being used with type I's in conjunction with their insulin
reguime, metformin is the one mentioned. Liz<br> --- On Mon 07/28, Kress
Family < email @ redacted > wrote:Subject: [IP] Re: Use of oral agents in
teenagersHi Marisa,What oral agents are being prescribed for Type 1 teens? I
have a teen who is a Type 1 and know other teens who are Type 1 and never heard
of this from our endo or anywhere else. Our endo (and every medical resource
I've read) has always said oral agents do nothing to help Type 1 diabetics, no
matter what their age.Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99

Express Yourself - Share Your Mood in Emails!
Visit www.SmileyCentral.com - the happiest place on the Web.