[IP] RE: Joslin 25 Year Medal

>>>  I think I've read that Eli Lilly also has some kind of recognition
program for people
who have used Lilly insulin exclusively >>>

Well, for about 15 years I used Velosulin which was then by Nordisk. When
applying for the 50-yr medal, Joslin turns your name in to Lilly. I received
a sterling silver medallion on a s.s. chain with my name engraved on the
back. (pics of the medals are on my BASH PictureTrail). I suppose now I have
to turn it back in?

>>> I'd also like to receive something from Bayer diagnostics (the company
who used to
produce those annoying urine tests with different colors, >>>

I contacted Bayer (8 mi. from my home) for *goodies* to put in bags for
attendees to my BASH. They sent me a brand new Clinitest set as a gift!!! I
could not believe they still manufacturer tham thangs!

>>>. . . remaining at close to $1 per
strip 20 years after even more advanced new products were introduced.  In
early days (right after home BG testing was introduced) and we used
color-matching to determine BG levels, we could slice the strips in half and
double the number of tests we got out of them.

Today a box of 100 strips at that price would be $100.00 - I think the price
is better now and ins. pays.

>>>No such luck today, and they call it progress.>>>

Well, I *do* call it progress cuz back then the meters - if you wanted an
actual number and not a color comparison of a range - were about $400.00 and
you had to pay for it. Not toooo many people could afford it. We get free
meters right and left today and ins. pays for the strips now, too. Sounds
like a much better deal. YMMV

Learn from the turtle, it only makes progress when it sticks out it's neck.