[IP] Re: Use of oral agents in teenagers

>>From: "Marisa Schmidt" <email @ redacted>
More and more type 1 teenagers are being prescribed with oral agents to help
blood glucose control during puberty.  Puberty is obviously a very
challenging period and these agents are proving to help quite a few
teenagers who are not type 2.<<

Hi Marisa,

What oral agents are being prescribed for Type 1 teens?  I have a
teen who is a Type 1 and know other teens who are Type 1 and never
heard of this from our endo or anywhere else.  Our endo (and every
medical resource I've read) has always said oral agents do nothing to
help Type 1 diabetics, no matter what their age.

Cindy, mom to 16 y/o Noah, dx age 9, pumping since 6/99