Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:20:14 -0400
From: "Lois Flint" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] Joslin 25 Year Medal

As a recipient of the 25 year medal, I was made to prove that I had no
complications.  I needed an affidavit from my ophthalmologist and  a series of
x-rays (ankles, lower limbs), etc.  When all the information was
submitted it was reviewed and it was about six months, if I remember
correctly, before the medal was awarded.  It was not just for "surviving,"
although I certainly felt lucky that I had! It was for living with IDDM for 25
years with no complications.  Perhaps the requirements have changed since then
as this was 19 years ago.