[IP] RE: Starting my Animas Pump Soon!

My biggest fear when starting the pump (Animas) was that it would not live
up to the promised expectations.  I was surprised to find out that the
pump actually exceeded my expectations.  Last A1C was 5.8% and every one
gets a little better.  If you are successful with the pump you can see
80-90% of all BGs between 80-140 mg/dL.  I also lost 30 pounds.  Lows are
finally under control.  You will find that almost all of your BGs outside
your target will have an assignable cause. On MDIs I could go to bed with
a BG of 100 mg/dL and wake up with a 220 mg/dL with no questions asked. On
an insulin pump, if my BGs has significantly changed overnight then I know
that there is a reason (bad site, rebound from low, etc).  One of the
things that I have found is that many pump companies tell you that you
will have a new found freedom when on the pump.  I feel somewhat the
opposite.  When I disconnect, I feel like I am finally free.

Wearing Animas 1000R 24/7 in WI.

Hello List!
 I just got my new Animas Pump yesterday, and I am SO thrilled about
starting it. Unfortunately, I have to wait until August 5! I want to get
on the damn thing NOW. Hehe. So...pumpers...I'm wondering, will this truly
be a life-changing experience, when I start my insulin pump? I'm so
nervous and excited at the same time!
 Any Animas Pumpers...feel free to share your Animas Pump stories! I am so
thrilled about starting!