[IP] Re: Certificate from Joslin - putdown

>>>(im only 3 years from 50 years, myself).. AND, any way, that anyone deals
this "delightful disease", is  fine.... but, do i need, or desire, some
clinic, who has never met me, has no particular interest in me, "Certifying
me" (or some disease i happen to have) ??... I think not.....>>>

Come on, lenlutz, this is not *certifying* anyone for having IDDM, it is
issuing a certificate in RECOGNITION of the duration. Besides, they just
completed a 50-yr and above survey of 18 pages from their list to see how
people are doing today. I'd think that info would be valuable in tallying
how long-term DMers are faring. They got the names from those whom received
medals. I was greatly disappointed depression wasn't one of the items
included. It's  common with MOST DMers - but obviously not in your case.

>>>the fact that my life, is as normal (well, normal may be a stretch for
since ive never been called normal), as it is, gives me a daily reason, to
celebrate....(and i do.. i wake up every morning, i look at my family, then
at my pump, and think "im i a lucky dog or what ??")>>>

Perhaps not everyone has a family or dog to think what you think.

>>>I would never put anyone down, for having a party, celebrating their
diabetes, or reaching, with they consider to me, a milestone....... not
even a little.  but i Personally cant see CELEBRATING my diabetes... it
would be like giving it too much importances...it is Not Who i am.  .>>>

Perhaps you have a problem with plain English as you wondered in the first
place why the medals, etc.   I SAID (Jul 2003 14:06:44 -0500): I don't have
any family support other than my hugsband, and on my 49th anniv. I cried all
day thinking here I am still alive and no one cares. I could not have
handled 50 yrs without my BASH - party of Bawling, Amazement, Sincerity,
Humor to celebrate Life and Survival of a half century of IDDM.

It was NOT to celebrate IDDM!!!!! It was to celebrate LIFE AND SURVIVAL!!!
Read, lenlutz, read. You would never put anyone down for having a party, but
I sure feeeeeeeeeel put down.

>>>I simply celebrate every day.... just 'cause im alive.....(and... with my
pump, i my celebrate, a little more............. well..........
celebratorialy (i like it, even if its not a word).)>>>

Perhaps your mom didn't remind you often of your pending early demise.
Perhaps you had lots of encouragement and really turned out so well as is
demonstrated. Remember, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary - in case you still
don't understand that one).

>>>Just my feelings....
(and just my personal feelings, about how i approach my illness... i do not
mean, in any way, nor do i wish anyone who feels different, to take this as
in insult, or degradation, on the way they choose to live)>>>

You don't have to explain what you don't say ~ Sam Rayburn