[IP] Re: certificate from Joslin ?

My dear friend Roger (from Boston who came to my BASH in South Bend) wrote:

>>> I was told because I was in a laser eye study I didn't have the
25 years without any complications. I think they made some changes because
 John Grant got the first 50 year medal in 1976. >>>

At the time Roger could have received (and I, too) a 25-yr certificate, it
had to be proven no comps with several expensive and unnecessary tests
(xrays, etc.). Drs. balked at subjecting patients to them for a medal.
Sooooo, Joslin decided to give a certificate in recognition of survival and
drop the proof. At that time, and even now, you had/have to be warm and
breathing to get a 50-yr. medal. When I applied for my bronzie I mentioned I
was warm and breathing. The one who replied said she was still laughing and
wanted to address the post to *Warm & Breathing.*  It is a recognition for
survival no matter your condition. Same with the 25-yr. cert.

Online info and forms can be accessed:
http://www.joslin.harvard.edu/contact.shtml and click on contact us.

INSULIN PUMPS with World's

We can live with the word *incurable,* but we cannot live without the word