RE: [IP] Preparing For C-Peptide Test

C-peptide is a by-product of insulin production by the body and any injected
insulin is not measured Tom, or that is my understanding.

Margo

  "insulin can cause a false reading"
It seems to me that if someone still had some beta cells, capable of
producing endogenous insulin and c-peptide, the presence of injected or
infused insulin would tend to suppress the production of endogenous
insulin and c-peptide, and thus give a false low c-peptide reading. I
haven't seen anything about lab instructions to the patient to stop
taking insulin before the test, and I have no intention of turning off
or disconnecting my pump, for Medicare or anyone else!

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000