[IP] BG Really Low but You're Still Functioning

Hello. Just wondering if there are any others like me out there. I was
mowing the yard Thursday night (push mower, great exercise), when I
started noticing that I might be a little low.  I had my daughter run
in the house to get my meter, since my shoes were all grassy, and when
I checked I was 28.  That's not the lowest I've ever been, but it is
the lowest when I was physically working.  I also think it happened to
me last night. My family and I went to explore a cave we found. On the
drive there, I had a double cheeseburger and some fries. I was normal
(132) when I ate these. I bolused UNDER what I would normally for such
a meal PLUS, when we got out of the Jeep, I suspended my pump, just to
be safe.  We had been walking, exploring, for about an hour and I
started getting that feeling (darkness when I looked down, tired,
etc...).  No, I didn't have my meter with me OR any snacks because I
had just eaten dinner, so I just waited it out. When I got back to my
meter (about an hour and a half later), I was up to 178.  I know I had
gone low, I felt the same as I had the night I was 28 when mowing, but
I guess your body releases glucose to cover it eventually?  No, I've
never passed out from a low, but as you can tell, I don't have much of
a sensitivity to lows either.   Anyway, I know I did several things
wrong when we went caving, no lectures please, but really just want to
know if others out there experience these lows and "come back to tell
about them"?  I'm 38 and have had diabetes since I was 18.

 [demime 0.98e removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of