[IP] Preparing For C-Peptide Test

I am in the process of changing my supplier of Ultra test strips, and
also pump supplies, because of MiniMed's abandonment of users of all
test strips except B-D. As a result, and in spite of the fact that I
have been kept alive with insulin for 60.5 years, Medicare requires my
new supplier of pump supplies to get a c-peptide test from me. I have
had two previously, but I guess Medicare figures maybe I've changed
from Type 1 to Type 2.

I recognize that most (all?) endos don't use the c-peptide, except when
Medicare forces the issue. I also recognize that the c-peptide test is
considered to be kind of flakey. I've been looking thru the IP
archives, and found useful info supplied by Michael, Roger C, spot,
Linda Z, Jenny S, and Kathy B.

I figure that the best way to prepare for the c-peptide test is to show
up fasting, with a reasonably low BG. This way, all of my beta cells
will not be stimulated to produce the insulin that they haven't been
producing for 60 years. If anyone thinks there's a better way to
approach this, I'd like to hear from you.

Tom Beatson
dx 12/1942, 506 1995, 508 2000